Fast as Hell at Excel® is NYIM's revolutionary course that will increase your productivity and efficiency in Excel. Become faster with navigation, formulas, formatting, calculations, and Hot Keys. Learn some creative time-saving (and sometimes life-saving) techniques using applications of Paste Special, Go To Special, Find & Replace, and Macros.
By the end of this course, you'll have the tools, tricks, and techniques to breeze through your workload, impressing colleagues and cutting down hours of unnecessary work.
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is perfect for those who have attended the Excel for Business Bootcamp, Intermediate Excel for Business, or Advanced Excel for Business, and want to strengthen their skills and speed in Excel through projects, drills, and practice.
Knowledge equivalent to our Intermediate Excel for Business class is required.
What You'll Learn
- Keyboard shortcuts for navigation, formatting, calculations, and workbook management
- Work in Excel without the mouse using Hot Keys
- Excel tricks with Go To Special and Paste Special
- Write basic macros to automate workflow
Register for a Class
No group class dates are currently scheduled. Contact us for corporate or private training.
Corporate & private training available
“I had a great experience with NYIM. I took "Fast as Hell Excel" course and really enjoyed it. It was very informative and Joe the instructor knew how to deliver the course in a fun way. I am thinking about taking other Excel classes with NYIM and will recommend it to my friends.”
— Iryna D.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Shortcuts that enable quick cursor movement and cell selection
- Techniques to write and copy formulas quickly
- Shortcuts that facilitate quick formatting
- Shortcuts that enable faster input of formulas and functions
- Transform the ribbon into a visual listing of pre-assigned shortcuts
Quick Access Toolbar
- Access customized commands on the Quick Access Toolbar
- Shortcut to directly insert a screenshot
- Shortcut key to repeat commands
- Shortcuts pertaining to general Excel operations
- Shortcuts to allow editing of active windows
Specialized Time-Saving Techniques
- Use Paste Special for various time-saving techniques
Go To Special
- Use Go To Special to perform several time-saving tricks
Find & Replace
- Use Find & Replace to expedite certain processes
Working Across Sheets
- Perform calculations and formatting across worksheets
- Record macros to automate repetitive work
End of Class Exercise
- End of class project to review key concepts from the class