Learn how to install Tableau on your computer with this step-by-step guide with pictures.
Step-by-Step Setup Instructions
1. Visit the Tableau Public download page
2. Enter your email address and click download
3. Your browser will ask you to save the installation file,
Navigate to the place where you want to save your install file or to the downloads folder
4. Once the file is downloaded click on the arrow next to the file at the bottom of the browser
5. Select Open
6. If you can’t see a file in the browser, navigate to the place where you saved the file using your Windows Explorer (Downloads folder) and open it
7. When Security Message Pops up, Select Run
8. Click “I have read and accepted the terms of the license agreement” and Install
9. If another message pops up “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” Choose "Yes"
10. Once Tableau installation is finished, you can launch it from your Desktop