How can I view and manage my registrations?
Log into https://classesportal.com with your email address.
In the portal, you can
- View your upcoming and completed courses
- See course information (including location, Zoom information, and class files)
- Download invoices and receipts
- View certificates
- Request a reschedule or retake
Is there a live instructor in the class?
Yes. Our in-person classes have a live instructor in the same room as the students.
We also offer a live online training option where students and instructors interact in real-time.
Do I need my own computer?
For in-person classes, we provide a computer for use during the course. Live online attendees should have their own computer.
Mac or PC is available (choose at checkout) for most courses, but some courses run on only one operating system. See the course page for more detail.
How are the classes taught?
All our classes are taught with projects and exercises and are hands-on. There are instructor demos or lectures throughout the course, but students spend most of the time working on exercises and mini-projects with guidance from the instructor. This hands-on instructional method ensures that participants can apply their skills right after the course.
Are books provided?
For most classes, a complimentary book or training manual is provided (physical copy for in-person attendees, and eBook for remote attendees). See the individual course page for more details.
Will I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes. Each student who completes a course with NYIM will receive a certificate of completion.
You will be able to add your certificate to your LinkedIn profile and share it on social media.
Certificate programs listed here receive a certificate approved by the Department of Education.
What do I need to bring to an in-person class?
For all in-person classes, we provide computers with the software, so you can travel light. You can bring a pen and notebook to take notes if you'd like.
We will email you prior to the course if your course requires additional materials. For instance:
- Premiere Pro: bring headphones to class
- Google Ads: set up a Google Ads account before class
- HTML Email: make sure to have an active Gmail account
Who teaches NYIM's classes?
NYIM's classes are taught by experts in their respective fields. This ensures that you learn in-demand and current skills needed in your career.
You'll learn from seasoned analysts, marketers, data scientists, developers, and designers. Many of have their own freelance or consulting practice which helps keep them current with the latest industry trends.
What happens if I need to miss a session?
You have some options:
- If you can’t come into the classroom, but can still attend remotely (live online using a screen sharing app), please let us know ahead of time. You can access the Zoom link to attend your class remotely by logging into https://classesportal.com/.
- You can make up that session in a future offering of the class, provided that the class is running with an available seat.
- You can go through the workbook exercises for that session. Ask your instructor about what you’ll be missing.
Is there a lunch break during class? What time?
For day classes that run 10am to 5pm, there is a one-hour lunch break typically around 1pm. The exact break time may vary. There may also be some shorter (5-10 minute) breaks throughout the course depending on the session's pacing.
For evening classes, there are only short breaks.
Reschedules & Cancellations
What is your reschedule policy?
Students may reschedule up to 3 business days before the class start date. Students who need to reschedule outside the permitted time frame may use their free retake to attend the course.
To reschedule, log into your student portal at https://classesportal.com. Log in with your email and choose the class you would like to reschedule.
What is your cancellation policy?
Students may cancel up to 14 days before the class/program start date and receive a refund, less the registration fee (10% of the undiscounted course price). Cancellations within 14 days are not permitted, but students may reschedule up to three business days before the class start date.
For cancellations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the free retake work? How do I request a free retake?
A student may retake the course once within one year provided that the class is running with an available seat.
To request a retake, log into your student portal at https://classesportal.com. Log in with your email and choose the class you would like to retake.
Is the free retake actually free?
Yes, there is no additional cost to retake a course within one year of the original course date.
Payment Plans & Student Financing
Do you offer payment plans?
We offer two payment plan options for select programs:
- Installment Plan: Pay-as-you-go style payment option
- Leif Student Financing: Spread equal monthly payments over 12, 18, or 24 months (depending on the program)
Both options have no interest or added fees and require a non-refundable deposit at checkout.
The Leif student financing requires an application and is subject to approval and a soft credit check, while installment plans are automatically approved (no application or credit check).
See below for more details on how these payment plans work.
Which programs qualify for payment plans?
You can view an up-to-date list of programs that qualify for payment plans on these pages:
- Installment Plan (pay-as-you-go)
- Leif Student Financing (financing over 12, 18, or 24 months, depending on the program)
How does the installment plan work?
- Once you have paid the 10% non-refundable deposit at checkout, the remainder of the tuition is paid over the course of the program (a valid credit card must be on file).
- One week before the start date of each individual class in the program, you will be charged the full value for that upcoming class.
- You may be charged immediately for the first class if you sign up less than one week before the start date.
Here is an example of the class payments you will be charged for the Graphic Design Certificate (package price of $2,995):
- Non-refundable deposit paid at registration: $299.50
- InDesign Bootcamp: $975
- Photoshop Bootcamp: $975
- Illustrator Bootcamp: $745.50 (your deposit has been applied, as well as the certificate discount of $905)
- Graphic Design Bootcamp: $0
- Total payments: $2,995
Are there any fees or interest for the payment plans?
The total payments (including the deposit) will equal the price of the program. The non-refundable deposit is credited towards your tuition.
There is no interest for either plan.
For the Leif financing plan, there is a 3% processing fee for credit card payments and late fees apply to late payments.
What happens if I cancel during the payment plan?
If made in accordance with our class cancellation policies, cancellations are subject to full refunds, minus any registration fees.
How do I register for a course with the payment plan option?
At checkout for qualifying programs, select the payment plan option that works best for you. Place the order with the 10% deposit.
Installment Plan: You will be approved automatically.
Leif Student Financing: After you register and place the deposit, we will send you a link to apply for the loan on Leif's website. If you are not approved, you can switch to the installment plan or cancel your registration and receive your deposit back in full.
Is there a credit check for the payment plans?
Installment Plan: No credit check.
Leif Student Financing: Requires a soft credit check (no impact on credit score).
When do I make my first payment (after the deposit)?
Installment Plan: We charge your credit card seven days prior to the start of the first course.
Leif Student Financing: You will make your first monthly payment to Leif on the start date of the program.
Who gets approved for payment plans?
Installment Plans: Anyone who selects that option is automatically approved (no credit check or application). However, students must make timely payments to continue their enrollment.
Leif Student Financing: Qualified borrowers based on credit criteria set by Leif.
What happens if I stop making payments in a payment plan?
Installment plan: Since payments are made prior to the start date of any course in the program, you can stop making payments at any time and have no future obligations. You will not be granted access to future classes in the program and the deposit is non-refundable.
Leif Student Financing: Since this is a registered tuition financing product, failure to make payments can result in default. For more information, or if you are having trouble making payments, please contact Leif for assistance.
Who is the lender in a payment plan?
Installment plan: There is no lender; this is a pay-as-you-go style payment plan where students must pay before the start of each course, and therefore there is no formal loan or obligation incurred.
Leif Student Financing: Leif is the financing provider. Leif is an approved and licensed provider of tuition financing plans. Noble Desktop is not the lender.
Can international students apply for a payment plan?
Installment plan: Yes. Everyone, including international attendees, is automatically approved.
Leif Student Financing: Unfortunately, at this time, international students cannot enroll in a Leif student financing plan.
How do I make payments?
Installment plan: We will charge your credit card seven days prior to the start date of each course. Contact us if you would like to make payments by check.
Leif Student Financing: Make payments directly through your Leif portal via your bank or credit card. You can set up automatic payments.
Will payment plans affect my credit?
Installment Plan: No; this is not a loan or credit product and there is no credit check.
Leif Student Financing: There is a soft credit check which does not impact your credit score. Additionally, since this is a financing product, any late and missed payments could hurt your credit score. Please consult with Leif about potential impacts on your credit.
Student Financing Via Leif
Do you offer student loans & which programs are eligible?
We offer no-interest student loans through our partner, Leif, for select programs. Here's how it works:
- At checkout, pay a 10% non-refundable deposit to secure your seat. Once we receive your registration, we will provide instructions to apply for student financing for the balance
- If approved, you will make equal monthly payments (12, 18, or 24 depending on the program) for the balance directly to Leif (no interest or fees) via credit card, check, or bank wire. The first payment is due on the program start date
- If you are not approved, we can cancel your registration and refund your deposit in full, or you can switch to our installment plan option
To see a full list of eligible programs, go to our Leif student financing page.
Are there any fees or interest for Leif student financing?
The total payments (including the deposit) will equal the price of the program. There is no interest or additional fees, but late fees will apply for late payments. The non-refundable deposit is credited towards your tuition.
Is there a credit check? Will it impact my credit score?
Leif student financing plans require a credit check if you are approved for the loan (the initial application is a soft credit check).
There is a soft credit check, which will not impact your credit score. Additionally, since this is a financing plan, any late or missed payments could hurt your credit score. Please consult with Leif about potential impacts on your credit.
When and how do I make my payments?
At checkout, you will pay the program deposit to Noble Desktop.
After approval from Leif, you will make equal monthly payments (12, 18, or 24 depending on the program) to Leif for the balance of the program. The first payment is due on the program start date.
You will make the monthly payments on your Leif account via bank or credit card. You can set up autopayment.
How does the application, approval, and closing process work?
After submitting your deposit at checkout, we will direct you to apply for the loan on Leif's website.
You will complete a short application, and most participants are notified instantly whether they've been approved or rejected.
If approved, you will have the option to accept the financing plan by signing a document.
Can international students apply?
Unfortunately, at this time, the Leif student financing plans are available to students with a valid social security number only.
Do you offer discounts for multiple employees?
Yes, we offer discounts for companies registering multiple employees. Email us at email@example.com for more information.
Coronavirus Policies & Precautions
Are you running in-person classes?
Our facility is now open in-person with limited seating and strict social distancing & safety guidelines.
Until further notice, in-person attendance will be limited to approximately one-third of normal capacity to ensure a distance of 6 feet between participants.
Live online ("remote" or "virtual") training is still available for any course (weekdays, evenings, and weekend options available for most courses).
What health and safety precautions is NYIM taking during coronavirus?
We have implemented strict social distancing and sanitation guidelines as follows:
- Provide and maintain hand hygiene stations, including handwashing with soap, water, and paper towels, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Limit class sizes to ensure a distance of 6 feet between all occupants
- Conduct regular cleaning and disinfection before and after each class, and conduct frequent cleaning in common areas and restrooms
- Face coverings will be provided and required for all trainees and employees
- Post signage throughout the site to remind participants and employees to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Post social distancing markers using tape or signs that denote 6 ft. of spacing in commonly used and other applicable areas on the site
- Mandatory health screening assessment (e.g. questionnaire, temperature check) each day and for employees and trainees, asking about (1) COVID-19 symptoms in past 14 days, (2) positive COVID-19 test in past 14 days, and/or (3) close contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in past 14 days.
If I attend a class live online, can I retake it in person?
Yes. You can take the course live online and retake it in-person within a year.
Live Online Training
How does live online training work?
Our live online training is interactive and hands-on just like our in-person classes. Learn more about the live online experience.
What software or equipment do I need for live online training?
Students must have a Mac or PC available and a strong internet connection.
Each class requires a different software. See the class page for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will work with participants prior to the class date to ensure that everything is set up properly.
Are there any additional costs for live online training?
There are no additional costs payable to NYIM for live online training. Students may be required to purchase a license for the software if a free trial is not available.
Email us if you need assistance.
Can I attend a class remotely?
Yes, most of our classes are available remotely through screen sharing software (we use Zoom). Participants can hear the instruction, ask questions, and even share their screen with the instructor. However, because our classes are activity-based and taught by a live instructor, we strongly encourage students who are local to the area to attend in person!
I haven't received Zoom access to my live online class. What should I do?
We send the Zoom meeting URL one day prior to the class start date. If within one day and you haven't received it (and it's not in your spam folder), email us at email@example.com.
I don't have the required software for a live online class. What should I do?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you get set up with a free trial. If that is not possible, we will explore alternatives based on the required software.
Receipts & Invoices
Can I get a receipt for my purchase?
To view or download your receipt, log into your student portal at https://classesportal.com with your email.
Can I receive an invoice for expense reimbursement?
Please note that we only invoice companies, not individuals. At checkout, select Corporate Invoice and we will send an invoice to the email address associated with your account. For assistance or any questions, email us at email@example.com.
What does NYIM teach?
At NYIM, we teach a variety of business and professional development courses. These include classes in data analytics, project management, office productivity, and financial modeling.
We offer courses and programs to help learners achieve the following goals:
- Master a specific application (i.e. Excel, Tableau, Microsoft Project, and much more)
- Learn a package of skills that help you forge a new career path (i.e. data analytics, finance, digital marketing, and much more)
How can I choose the right course or program for me?
We offer several resources for students to find the perfect program:
- Free seminars (live online) in a variety of subjects. Recordings of prior seminars are also available here via Noble Desktop, our coding and design school. These seminars are the perfect way for you to explore your interests.
- If you know what you want to learn but can't decide on the course or program, see our Compare Courses & Certificates tool.
- Reach out to schedule a call or meeting with a student advisor. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help.
Are any prerequisites required for NYIM's courses and certificates?
All NYIM courses and certificate programs require working knowledge of computers, either a Mac or PC.
Our certificate programs are open to beginners with no prior knowledge in the field of study.
Certain standalone courses require prerequisite knowledge. See the course page for details.
Why Learn Business Skills at NYIM Training?
What separates NYIM classes from other schools?
At NYIM, we cultivate an effective and engaging learning experience with the following:
- Courses feature hands-on exercises and mini projects
- We focus exclusively on concepts and techniques that are in-demand
- Courses are taught by experts in their fields
- Students receive supplemental materials to reinforce concepts (see course pages for details)
- We provide full set up support whether you're in-person or virtual so valuable class time isn't wasted
What is the feedback for NYIM's courses?
We've had tens of thousands of students complete our courses over the past three decades.
See our student testimonials from almost 3,000 satisfied alumni.
Job Support & Mentoring
Would NYIM's classes or certificates help me get a job?
NYIM's certificate programs include a package of in-demand skills that help learners start or pivot to a new career. Some programs include one-on-one mentoring sessions which can be used for job support.
NYIM's individual classes are designed to help learners fill in skills gaps by mastering an application or programming language. These classes help individuals upskill in their current jobs or careers. A single course would not be comprehensive enough to start a new career unless combined into a certificate program. Our finance courses teach financial modeling, advanced Excel for business, financial technology, and more. Our data analytics courses teach visualization tools like Excel, Tableau, and Power BI as well as programming languages like Python and SQL. We also offer courses covering applications for design, digital marketing, project management, office management, and much more.
How does the mentoring work?
We want you to succeed in your career goals. In each class, you’ll learn with hands-on projects and interact with a live instructor.
To help you take it to the next level, certain programs also include 1-on-1 mentoring sessions where you can
- Review your portfolio work with an expert
- Ask questions about challenging concepts
- Polish your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Receive professional advice for applying to jobs
- Ensure you’re on track with your learning goals
Learn more about mentoring here. Check out the individual certificate pages to see which programs include mentoring and how many hours are included.