Learn more about our AutoCAD classes
Beginner AutoCAD Course
Start with our beginner AutoCAD, a 3-day intensive AutoCAD bootcamp. Learn by working on real-world drafting exercises compiled in a workbook that is yours to keep, developed by our curriculum team at NYIM.
In the course, we will also review best practices to
- Efficiently use AutoCAD to dramatically cut down your drawing time
- Minimize the mistakes that can cause problems for yourself and your whole organization
- Deal with the mistakes in pre-existing drawings that have been sent to you
You will work on several projects, including
- Modifying objects: Office Plan
- Fillet Tool: Desk Lamp
- Chamfer Tool: Screwdriver
- Inserting Blocks: Design Studio
- Measurement Tools: Furniture Studio
- Properties Palette: Drill Plate
- Polyline: Swimming Pool
- Polygon: Event Hall
In the Intermediate Autocad Class you will learn how to create and effectively set up templates by setting units, drawing limits, and scales, defining layouts for printing sheets and creating styles.
- Learn advanced layer techniques, working with tracking points and construction lines
- Create, edit and export blocks, and create tool palettes for storing and inserting blocks
- Customize layers in layout viewports for sheets
- Advanced Interface techniques
- Work with External References
- Create Data Tables
AutoCAD Training Benefits
- Practical and hands-on training focused on real-world applications of AutoCAD
- Custom AutoCAD course manual developed by NYIM with step-by-step exercises
- Engaging instructors teaching in-person in our state-of-the-art Manhattan facility
- Free Retake within six months of the class
- Small class sizes for personalized attention
AutoCAD Course PDF Outlines
Quickly compare our AutoCAD classes with these downloadable PDF outlines.
Corporate & Private AutoCAD Training
Flexible training solutions & customized course content
Over two decades, NYIM has served the most prestigious businesses and institutions across the United States with its industry-leading AutoCAD corporate training program. For our corporate clients, we can customize the AutoCAD training to meet the needs of your team, and conduct the classes at your location or ours. Each AutoCAD class will come with a free consultation to ensure that the content meets your standards. After the consultation, our curriculum team will work to customize the course material at no additional charge.
Overview of AutoCAD
AutoCAD is a computer drafting program. Drafting, also referred to as technical drawing, the act of drawing diagrams that show how something functions or how it is going to be built. AutoCAD is not an art or graphic design program. Drawings in AutoCAD are generally not made for aesthetic purposes, but for builders to reference the drawings to construct the objects drawn. AutoCAD is focused on accuracy and precision and is used for blueprints and mechanical drawings, floor plans, electrical diagrams, site plans, elevations and a wide range of drawings of that nature.
AutoCAD is a vector based program, meaning that all graphics are computer-generated points (vector) placed on an XY grid, as opposed to raster graphics, which are pixel based and resolution dependent. In a vector-based program like AutoCAD, graphics are always sharp no matter the size and resolution is not an issue.
When drawing in AutoCAD, the focus is on accuracy, clarity, and speed. Our classes are geared towards achieving all three.