Why get certified in Microsoft Office at NYIM?
NYIM offers several industry-leading MOS certification programs and has high passing rates because of the various resources we provide you.
- Flexible Scheduling: Choose dates that work with your schedule for the group classes and exam. For most classes, we offer weekday, weeknight, and weekend training options.
- Free Retakes: You can retake any group class within six months, and the actual exam, so you can feel confident you'll get additional support if you need.
- Top Instructors & Curriculum: Our instructors are adept at walking you through our custom curriculum, which is hands-on and project-based.
- Video Suite: For Excel & PowerPoint classes, you'll receive access to our premium video suite at no additional charge, the perfect way to review the materials on your own.
- Affordable Pricing: Our certification programs include classes and the exam with proctoring at one low, affordable price. No hidden fees or additional proctoring charges.
Learn more about Microsoft Certifications
What are the different Microsoft Office certifications?
Microsoft offers certifications in all of its products. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification can be achieved in either Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, or Access. To be MOS certified tells employers that you have a strong level of proficiency in that particular software.
Microsoft Office Expert (MOE) certification is available only in Excel and Word. To be MOE certified tells employers that you have a high level of mastery in that particular software.
Master Certification is the highest level available and thus involves being MOE certified in both Word and Excel, as well as being MOS certified in PowerPoint and one additional software program of your choosing. In many ways, Master certification can be seen as the equivalent of a degree in Microsoft, if such a thing existed.
How do I get certified in Microsoft Office?
Certification is achieved by passing an online exam. The exams are administered by Certiport and available at authorized training centers. The test taker faces approximately 35 questions in a 50-minute time frame. Score a 70% or higher and you are certified! Once certified, you are certified for life.
Here are the steps to getting certified in MS Office:
- Choose a program to get certified in, as well as the level (Specialist or Expert)
- Read Microsoft's guidelines on what is covered on the exam and what will be tested
- Learn the program through hands-on classes, online training, or self-training
- Find an authorized Certiport center to take the exam
If you choose to obtain your certification with NYIM, we can walk you through the different exams and types of certification. We also provide bundled packages that include everything you need: group classes, supplemental online training materials, the Certiport exam, and proctoring for the exam. Our group classes and certification exam come with a free retake.
What are the various Microsoft Office Specialist Exams?
- Excel 2016: Core Data Analysis, Manipulation, and Presentation (Exam 77-727)
- Word 2016: Core Document Creation, Collaboration, and Communication (Exam 77-725)
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2016 (Exam 77-729)
- Microsoft Office Access 2016 (Exam 77-730)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 (Exam 77-731)
How much does a Microsoft Specialist Exam cost?
As of mid-2018, a Microsoft Specialist exam costs $96. However, we recommend that you purchase the Exam with a free retake for only $19 more at $115. Once you purchase the exam, you'll need to find an authorized Certiport testing center to take the exam. Proctoring fees will vary by location.
In all our Microsoft Certification programs, the exam (with a free retake) are included, as well as proctoring for the exam.
Why should I consider a Microsoft certification?
A certification is basically an award created by Microsoft and bestowed upon those that prove they have a particular level of knowledge or skill. To be certified is to differentiate yourself from others when applying for a new job, or striving for a promotion. On a personal level, it is a way to test yourself and work towards achieving a goal that has the potential to open a lot of doors.
How can I prepare for a certification?
It is actually difficult to find study materials online. You can find a lot of True/False or Multiple Choice questions, but these only test theoretical knowledge, and not applicable skills.
However, NYIM’s courses are custom designed to help you in this process. While we do not “teach to the test”, we do create and constantly update a curriculum that Is second-to-none within the industry. We offer bootcamp and certification packages that help guide you through the various levels of learning, with some programs culminating with a private session with a certified trainer. We also offer opportunities for those taking the test to come in and practice taking the exam on a subscription-based service that very closely replicates the exam experience.