Adobe XD CC is a new app that was built with the specific needs of a modern web designer, UX designer, or app designer in mind. Unlike image editing programs such as Photoshop—which were originally created for print, photo retouching, or illustration—the entire focus of Adobe XD is on designing user interfaces and user experiences. You can craft the visuals and turn them into working prototypes all in a single app!
Adobe XD uses artboards, so you can efficiently design web layouts for mobile, tablet, and desktop (or screens for apps). It’s vector-based, so you can scale for a variety of screen sizes with ease, as well as export hi-res (Retina) graphics for the web or apps. You’ll find tools and features specifically relevant to UI (User Interface) design and UX (User Experience) design, such as symbols, repeat grids, built-in protyping tools, and much more.
Why Learn Adobe XD for UI & UX Design?
- With artboards and layout guides, you can design on popular grid systems (like Bootstrap), making it easier to design responsive webpages.
- Turn your designs into clickable prototypes quickly and easily. You can create prototypes directly in XD and share them with users or developers.
- Export specs to give your web developer so they can inspect a layout for size, colors, fonts, spacing, copy CSS code, and more—all from a web browser without having to own XD.
- One of XD’s unique features is the repeat grid. This lets you quickly repeat a design component in columns and rows. You can then customize the content in each copy, while still being able to quickly update the design across all of them.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Video Training and Workbook Included
Students get a workbook and lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Use Adobe XD to create and optimize graphics for web and user interface design
- Create wireframes and turn them into finished designs that are optimized for mobile, tablet, and desktop screens
- Design on grids, extract image assets, create hi‑res 2x graphics, and more
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Creating New Files & Designing on a Grid
- Creating a new file
- Setting up artboards
- Importing text
- Creating colored backgrounds for text
Adjusting the Layout for Tablets & Mobile Phones
- Designing with Bootstrap’s grid
- Adapting the design for tablets
- Adapting the design for mobile phones
Importing & Cropping Photos
- Importing photos & default scaling
- Importing a photo as an image fill (crop a photo)
- Rounding corners
Importing Vector Graphics, Color Swatches, Shadows, & More
- Importing & modifying vector graphics
- Aligning & distributing layers
- Layer opacity vs. fill opacity
- Reusing colors (color swatches)
- Adding a drop shadow
- Creating & Editing Character Styles
- Creating a Repeat Grid
- Customizing the content
- Adjusting the design
Symbols (Reusable Elements)
- Creating & editing symbols
- Overriding content in a symbol vs. globally updating all symbols
- Detaching from a symbol
- Symbols versus Repeat Grids
Turning a Design into a Clickable Prototype
- Linking between artboards
- Creating an overlay
- Previewing the prototype
- Making a recording of a prototype (Mac only)
- Background blur
Exporting Assets for Web: SVG, JPEG, & PNG
- Exporting individual assets
- Exporting artboards
Sharing XD Files (For Review, Developers, etc.)
- Sharing an XD file
- Commenting on shared files
- Pinning a comment
- Updating an existing shared file
- Sharing for Development
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.