Email marketing has become a staple of marketing campaigns. In this hands-on HTML Email course, you’ll learn how to create visually stunning emails with custom layouts and graphics to engage with your customer base. Build a simple one-time email, design a weekly newsletter template, and more.
Create Powerful, Beautiful, and Effective Emails
- Learn how to code and lay out emails using tables (for better compatibility with email clients), apply email-friendly CSS, fix various email client issues, and more.
- Take your HTML Email skills to the next level by taking our Responsive HTML Email class and earning an NYS-Licensed Certificate in HTML Email.
Prerequisites: HTML and CSS skills equivalent to our Intro to HTML & CSS class.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Learn best practices for coding HTML Email messages that are effective and cross-mail-client compatible.
- Build and work with a couple of different layouts: a simple one-time email blast and a more complex weekly newsletter.
- Learn how to lay out emails, apply email-friendly CSS, make a table of contents, and fix various email client issues.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Working with Tables
- Centering the Email
- Text Styling with Inline CSS
- Adding a Border
- Closing the Gap Below Images
- Nesting Tables For a More Complex Layout
- Non-Centered Columns
- Email-Friendly CSS
- Streamlining Your Workflow with Embedded CSS
- Closing the Gap Below Images
Adding More Content
- Creating New Events
- HTML Attributes vs. CSS Rules
- Adding a Footer
- Setting a Background Color
- Converting Links and Image Paths to Absolute URLs
- Styling Links
Best Practices: Alt Text and Preheader
- Adding Alt Text
- Styling Alt Text
- Adding a Preheader Message
- Improving Your Open Rate
Sending Tests and Email Fixes
- Using an Inlining Tool to Convert Embedded CSS
- Testing in Various Email Clients
- Fixes for Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, iOS Mail, and Outlook 2007/2010
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.