Learn the foundations of the markup language used to create webpages in this 3-hour HTML & CSS class.
Learn to Code
In this class, we’ll introduce you to HTML, the standard markup language used to create webpages.
You’ll dive in and code a website from scratch, learning how to format paragraphs, headings, and lists. You’ll learn how to create links, add images, and modify tags with attributes. By the end of class, you will learn basic CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to style the elements on your site, including tag selectors, class selectors, and the class attribute.
This 3-hour class is essentially the first section of our more comprehensive Web Development Level 1 class. If you find that you enjoy HTML and CSS and want to learn more, you can do the remainder of Web Development Level 1 and we’ll take the price of this class off that course!
- Small classes
- Computer provided
- Book included
- Free retake
Register for a Class
We provide computers to use during class. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop, in SoHo. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
What You'll Learn
- Learn HTML, the standard markup language used to create webpages and emails.
- Format paragraphs, headings, and lists.
- Create links and add images.
- Style webpages with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Coding Basics: Intro to HTML Syntax
- HTML, Head, Title, and Body Tags
- Headings and Paragraphs
- The Doctype Declaration (DTD)
- The Lang Attribute
- Meta Tag: the Unicode Character Set
- Anchor Tags and Hrefs
- Linking to Pages Within a Website
- Linking to Other Websites
- Opening a Link in a New Browser Window
- The Image Tag and Source Attribute
- Using the Width, Height and Alt Tags
- The Break Tag
Intro to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- The Style Tag
- Tag Selectors
- Class Selectors
- The Class Attribute