Review different means for entering numbers and text in Excel.
Excel attempts to replicate patterns based on data entry - Based on the series of keystrokes, Excel can predict that two columns of data are being entered
- Use the “Enter/Return” key to confirm data entered in a cell, and shift the active cell selection one row down
- Use the “Tab” key to confirm data entered in a cell, and shift the active cell selection one column to the right
- Using these two commands in combination (data, TAB, data, ENTER/RETURN), allows Excel to detect the pattern and move the Active Cell cursor appropriately
Data can be copied and pasted from one cell to another
- HOME >> Clipboard group >> Copy
- Right click >> Copy o CTRL + C
- CMD + C (for MAC)
- HOME >> Clipboard group >> Paste
- Right click >> Paste
- CTRL + V
- CMD + V (for MAC)
These data entry techniques are covered in depth in our hands-on Excel training in NYC.