In this Intermediate/Advanced Project Management course, students delve deeper into project management concepts include task analysis, critical path method, planning, project timelines, and ongoing monitoring. Students will review the five phases of project management, examining the complexities of each stage.
This Class is For Students That:
- Understand the five phases of a project
- Know how to create a project proposal and business case
- Desire a more in-depth study of project management
- Need strategies and tools to work better with a project team
Corporate training available
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with a PC for each student to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You’ll Achieve
- Learn how to identify project milestones and resources
- Utilize Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to prioritize tasks
- Manage challenges, changes, and uncertainty
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Initiation phase overview
- Review of the five phases of a project
- Core tasks for defining a project
- Things to consider before starting a project
- Planning phase overview
- Choosing a project
- Planning and prioritizing a project
- Project planning guidelines
- Execution phase overview
- Beginning a project
- Tips for effective implementation
- Stakeholders and human capital
- Delegating tasks and communicating expectations
- Assessing project status and foreseeing future challenges
- Completing daily tasks and dealing with issues
- Managing progress and timeline adjustments
- Project execution guidelines
- Monitoring phase overview
- Key Performance Indicators
- Evaluating progress
- Setting baseline performance measures
- Understanding and correcting variances
- Assessing work quality
- Setting quality assurance procedures
- Monitoring risks and changes
- Project monitoring guidelines
- Closing phase overview
- Obstacles in the closing phase
- Evaluating project performance
- Managing uncertainty and unexpected challenges
- Final reports and managing records
- Project closing guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. This course is available on Windows PC only.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.