Coding doesn't have to take a long time.
In this class, we'll help you shave hours off each project you create by using Emmet, Sass, and Sublime Text.
Emmet is a plugin that works with a variety of text editors. It speeds up your workflow by allowing you to use shortcuts to produce large amounts of code. Sass, a CSS preprocessor, saves you time by allowing you to make global changes to your stylesheets with a single line of code. We'll also take you through Sublime Text, a popular text editor with features designed to take the monotony out of coding from scratch.
Here’s an overview of what you’ll learn:
- What is Emmet? How does it work?
- What are Sass variables? How can we make changes across an entire stylesheet without scrolling and changing each parameter manually?
- How can we use Sublime Text to speed up our workflow?
You'll learn tips and tricks like these:
- Type a keystroke and 6 characters to turn a plain list like this:
Chocolate Fruits Candy
<ul> <li>Chocolate</li> <li>Fruits</li> <li>Candy</li> </ul>
- Make the following 290 characters by only typing 24 characters!
<ul> <li class="item1"><a href=""></a></li> <li class="item2"><a href=""></a></li> <li class="item3"><a href=""></a></li> <li class="item4"><a href=""></a></li> <li class="item5"><a href=""></a></li> <li class="item6"><a href=""></a></li> <li class="item7"><a href=""></a></li> </ul>
- Quickly change a tag by editing start and end tags simultaneously.
- Place multiple cursors to edit multiple lines or attributes at the same time.
- Paste new code into an existing project without worrying about indentation.
This class focuses on coding efficiency. While we will teach the SCSS syntax required for Sass, a solid grasp of HTML and CSS are prerequisites for this course.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- How to use Emmet, Sass (SCSS), and Sublime Text to code faster
- How to use Sass variables to re-use CSS and speed up the creation of large stylesheets
- Navigate files faster using Sublime Text and Emmet
- Create lists quickly using a keystroke and 6 characters
- Quickly change a tag by editing start and end tags simultaneously
- Place multiple cursors to edit multiple lines or attributes at the same time
- Wrap tags efficiently and beautifully, with perfect indentation
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.