You've covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft Office Access 2016, and now you're ready to learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multi-user access, and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. Today's training, added to that which you've gained from the Microsoft Office Access 2016: Part 1 and Microsoft Office Access 2016: Part 2 courses, rounds out your Access education and provides you with marketable job skills.
Corporate training available
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with a PC for each student to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What you'll learn
- Customize a form layout to improve usability and efficiency of data entry
- Share data across applications
- Use macros to improve user interface design
- Use VBA to enhance tasks
- Organize data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy
- Lock down and prepare a database for distribution to multiple users
- Create and modify a database switchboard and set the startup options
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Lesson 1: Implementing Advanced Form Design
- Topic A: Add Controls to Forms
- Topic B: Enhance Navigation and Organization of Forms
- Topic C: Apply Conditional Formatting
Lesson 2: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Topic A: Import Data into Access
- Topic B: Export Access Data
- Topic C: Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Topic D: Create a Mail Merge
Lesson 3: Using Macros to Improve User Interface Design
- Topic A: Create a Macro
- Topic B: Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Topic C: Validate Data Using a Macro
- Topic D: Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Lesson 4: Using VBA
- Topic A: Getting Started with VBA
- Topic B: Enhance Access Using VBA
Lesson 5: Using Advanced Database Management
- Topic A: Manage a Database
- Topic B: Determine Object Dependency
- Topic C: Document a Database
Lesson 6: Distributing and Securing a Database
- Topic A: Splitting a Database for Multiple User Access
- Topic B: Implement Security
- Topic C: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic D: Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Lesson 7: Managing Switchboards
- Topic A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic C: Set Startup Options
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. This course is available on Windows PC only.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.