The course begins by reviewing the core features and functions of the Access database, so if you’ve never used Access, it’s the perfect place to start!
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to work with tables, query data, create forms, and generate reports. You’ll have skills to use Microsoft Access for everyday tasks.
Register for a Class
Choose a date below to add it to your cart. At checkout, you can change the quantity for multiple registrants, add other classes, and change your dates.
We provide computers to use during class. This course is available on PC only.
Corporate training available
What You'll Learn
- Navigate Access Environment
- Customize Configuration
- Organize/Manage Data
- Queries to Join, Sort & Filter
- View, Access & Input Forms
- Create Custom Reports
“I took the MS Access Level 1 class here. It was a fantastic class, mainly because of the instructor. Garfield was incredibly knowledgeable, offered background on any questions we had, and gave great tips on how to use Access in your personal life. This was a full day class and went by very quickly because it was packed with a ton of info. The facilities were top-notch and all the materials needed were provided by NYIM. I would definitely take a class here again.”
— Clara L.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Getting Started with Access
- Orientation to Microsoft Access
- Create a Simple Access Database
- Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
Working with Table Data
- Modify Table Data
- Sort and Filter Records
Querying a Database
- Create Basic Queries
- Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- Perform Calculations in a Query
- Create Basic Access Forms
- Work with Data on Access Forms
- Create a Report
- Add Controls to a Report
- Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
- Organize Report Information
- Format Reports