NYIM Training is open for in-person classes in NYC and has implemented social distancing and health precautions. Live online (virtual) training is also available for any course, and all courses include a free retake within one year.
Small Class SizesOperating at one-third capacity
Face Masks RequiredFreely provided if you forget to bring one
Hand SanitizationAvailable in every room, plus a hand hygiene station
Health ScreeningsEnforced for staff and students
Social DistancingMaintain 6 feet between participants
Regular CleaningClassrooms disinfected before every class
- Our facility is now open in-person (weekday classes only) with limited seating and strict social distancing & safety guidelines. See details below
- Live online ("remote" or "virtual") training is still available for any course (weekdays, evenings, and weekend options available for most courses)
- All courses come with an extended free retake period of one year and flexible rescheduling
Live Online Available for All Courses
Our live online training is interactive and hands-on, just like our in-person classes. There are no extra fees and we'll work with you to ensure your setup is perfect. Just reach out after registration and we'll be happy to help.
In-Person Now Open with Limited Availability & Capacity
- Starting on July 27th, weekday classes will be available in-person or live online with an extended free retake period and flexible rescheduling. Specify your learning method at checkout.
- Classes or programs that started before July 27th, and weeknight & weekend classes will continue to be held online only until further notice.
- Due to health & safety precautions, in-person attendance will be limited to approximately one-third of normal capacity to ensure a distance of 6 feet between participants. See below for a complete guide to our safety precautions upon reopening.
- In-person attendance will be booked on a first come first served basis (based on registration date and selected preference prior to class start). We expect in-person seating for many courses to sell out.
Health & Safety Guidelines & Precautions
Upon reopening, we will be implementing strict social distancing and sanitation guidelines as follows:
- Provide and maintain hand hygiene stations, including handwashing with soap, water, and paper towels, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Limit class sizes to ensure a distance of 6 feet between all occupants
- Conduct regular cleaning and disinfection before and after each class, and conduct frequent cleaning in common areas and restrooms
- Face coverings will be provided and required for all trainees and employees
- Post signage throughout the site to remind participants and employees to adhere to proper hygiene, social distancing rules, appropriate use of PPE, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Post social distancing markers using tape or signs that denote 6 ft. of spacing in commonly used and other applicable areas on the site
- Mandatory health screening assessment (e.g. questionnaire, temperature check) each day and for employees and trainees, asking about (1) COVID-19 symptoms in past 14 days, (2) positive COVID-19 test in past 14 days, and/or (3) close contact with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in past 14 days.
We are providing expanded flexibility for any course registrations after June 1, 2020, through the remainder of 2020:
- The free retake period extended to one year following the course date (online attendee can come back in person or online)
- Free rescheduling at any point before the start date for any reason
- Switch from in-person to online attendance at any point before or during the course
Unsure about using Zoom?
Zoom is easy to use, and we've created this short video tutorial to help you get started.
We're also offering free 15-minute private training on how to use Zoom (after signing up, email us at least one business day before class).
Free Retake Period Extension
We have extended the free retake period to up to one year for any signups in 2020. This allows you to attend live online now and come back in-person anytime within a year of the class date. Learn more about our Free Retake Extension.
We are allowing attendees to reschedule at no charge or keep class credit for up to two years. Email us at email@example.com.