Taught by an experienced professional practitioner, the objective of the Business Analyst Training Program is to provide you with the best launchpad for a successful Business Analyst Career!
Having a technology background is not a pre-requisite for this course. The curriculum step-by-step covers the business analysis core concepts as applied in both traditional Waterfall and Agile based methodologies.
In this course, every exercise and template is designed to provide you practical insights for interview and job readiness. Your trainer is a PMI Certified Agile, Project, Program and Risk Manager with a track record of over 17 years in delivering solutions at leading financial institutions and innovative startup companies.
Corporate & private training available
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Intro to Business Analysis
- Business Analyst Modeling
- Business Analyst Tools
- Business Analyst Careers
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Intro to Business Analysis
Introduction to Business Analysis
- What is Business Analysis
- Introduction to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
Basic Concepts of Business Analysis
- Key Concepts in Business Analysis
- Project Kick-off
Requirements Gathering Techniques
- Needs Assessment Techniques
- Requirements Elicitation Techniques
Business Analyst Modeling
Introduction to Prototyping
- Prototyping Techniques
Requirements Modellinig Techniques
- What is Modelling?
- Introduction to Unified Modelling Language (UML)
Business/Functional Requirements Document
- Requirements Documentation
Business Analyst Tools
Quality Assurance for Business Analysts
- Overview of Software Quality Assurance
- Introduction to Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Role of BA in Testing
- Types of Testing Environment Levels
- Types of Functional Testing Methods
- Performance Testing (discussion based upon practical examples)
- Test Cases
- Defect Analysis and Reporting
- Overview of a Test Plan
BA Toolkit - Software Toolset for Business Analysts
- Tools for small to medium sized projects
- Tools for enterprise-wide large scale projects
- Links to Requirements Management Tools
- Top BA Resources and Websites
- Class Exercise #3: Interactive discussion about common software tools used by Business Analysts)
Other Activities and Project Management Touchpoints for Business Analysts
- Scrum Artefacts
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Project Plan (Gantt Chart Example)
- Meeting Agenda, Minutes
- Status and Timesheet Reporting
- Release Notes, User Guides
Business Analyst Careers
BA Career Path
- What is the Business Analyst Career Path?
- Overview of IIBA
- IIBA Business Analyst Career Role Definitions
- BABOK Knowledge Areas
- Certification Levels
- ECBA Quiz (Class Exercise #1: Class Quiz based upon ECBA Sample Questions)
- ECBA Exam Preparation Guidelines
Resume Prepration Guide
- Key Concepts in Business Analysis
- Job Search Techniques and Practical Tips
- Breakdown of Sample Job Posting
- Resume Sample Layout
- Cover Letter Key Elements and Samples
- BA Soundbites for Recruiters
- Professional References
- Post Interview Thank you Letter
- Hands on help with resume preparation (Class Exercise #2)
- Compilation of Job Portfolio Samples based upon documents used in training
Interview Prepration Guide
- Field tested thorough and detailed interviewing techniques
- Interactive Q&A based format
- Handout: List of 50 common BA interview questions with suggested possible answers
- Conducting research about the company
- Workforce preparation and readiness assessment
- Mock interview
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.