In this one-day session, participants will gain insight into the role of a Business Analyst. You will learn about key concepts in Business Analysis such as Business requirements, functional requirements and non-functional requirements. You will also understand how to apply various Needs Assessment Techniques. This course will also expose you to effective requirements elicitation techniques.
Corporate & private training available
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- What is Business Analysis
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Key Concepts in Business Analysis
- Needs Assessment Techniques
- Requirements Elicitation Techniques
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Introduction to Business Analysis
What is Business Analysis
- Role of a Business Analyst
- Skills of a good Business Analyst
- Why become a Business Analyst (discussion based upon industry insights)
Introduction to Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Development Team Roles
- Role of a Business Analyst in various Project Phases
- Waterfall Development Methodology
- Agile (Scrum) Development Methodology
Basic Concepts of Business Analysis
Key Concepts in Business Analysis
- Business Requirement
- Business Rule
- Functional Requirement
- Non-Functional Requirement
- Pre-project needs assessment
- Team Roles and Responsibilities (RACI Matrix)
- Project Kick-off Meeting
- If you join project mid-way (discussion based upon professional insights)
Requirements Gathering Techniques
Needs Assessment Techniques
- Gap Analysis (Current "as-is" State, Future "to-be" State Analysis)
- Root/Source Cause Analysis (Class Exercise #1: Draw a Fishbone Diagram)
- SWOT Analysis
Requirements Elicitation Techniques
- SME Interviews
- Job Shadowing
- Surveys and Questionnaires
- JAD Session (Class Excerise #2: Team will participate in a role play based mock requirements gathering Workshop)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.