GIFs (graphic interchange format) are an easy solution for short animations and have the potential to engage countless viewers across demographics. In fact, with the rise of mobile devices, animated GIFs have surpassed Flash animations—which are not compatible with mobile devices—in popularity.
In this 6-hour class, you’ll use Photoshop to create animated GIFs for websites, ads, and HTML emails. Explore a variety of animation styles as you learn how to hide and show elements, move things from one place to another, manipulate video timeline, and more. You’ll even add short video clips, and learn tips and tricks to create seamless loops.
Prior experience in Photoshop required, but don't let that stop you from creating dynamic content! Get up to speed through any of our available Photoshop courses, such as Photoshop Bootcamp and Photoshop in a Day.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Create animated GIFs for HTML emails, ads, and websites
- Learn to use Photoshop’s Timeline to create complex animations
- Use effects, filters, and video clips
- Create seamless looping animations
- Save your animations as animated GIFs
- Learn tips & tricks for reducing file sizes
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Creating a Simple Animated GIF
- Creating a frame animation
- Adding frames
- Setting frame duration using the frame delay option
- Testing the animation
- Saving as an animated GIF
Intro to Tweening
- Animating position to create movement
- Animating opacity to fade elements in/out
Keeping GIF File Size Down
- Tweening multiple parameters
- Tips & tricks for reducing file size
- Reworking the animation to reduce file size
Creating a Complex Animation
- Using clipping masks to create custom animations
- Manually animating an object
- Using Unify Layer options
- Making edits that apply to all frames
Using Video in Animated GIFs
- Specifying a range from a video to import
- Converting video into a frame animation
Creating a Video Timeline
- Using keyframes to animate the Position property
- Animating the foods into & out of the box
- Moving the outermost foods along a curve instead of a line
- Moving, editing, & offsetting keyframes in the Timeline
- Copy/pasting keyframe values
Seamless Video Looping & Animating a Layer’s Transform
- Adding a video background as a Smart Object
- Making the video background loop seamlessly
- Animating a layer’s rotation using the Transform property
Embedding Animations in Smart Objects
- Embedding an animation within a Smart Object
- Adding a filter to an embedded animation
- Copying Smart Objects
- Final positioning & blending modes
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.