This three-day Photoshop Bootcamp is a comprehensive study of a design industry staple.
Go from novice to virtuoso as you learn techniques for retouching, color correction, and photo editing. Feel confident using masks, tools, and channels. Learn to create vector drawings, automate hundreds of repetitious image tasks, produce consistent color for print, create artistic interpretations of pictures using filters, and tackle advanced corrections of digital photos.
Classes are small, and lessons are hands-on. By the end of day three, students will have tackled several projects, including a complete brochure! No prior experience necessary.
Our Photoshop classes are held at Noble Desktop, our design & coding school.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Video Training and Workbook Included
Students get a workbook and lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
Learn How To:
- Retouch photos and create graphics
- Improve images by adjusting color, contrast, and more
- Prepare images for use on the web or in print
- Color correct
- Create brochures, posters, and more
“Eugene was excellent, very informative, very helpful. I took the beginners class and this one surpassed everything i have learned before. Eugene is very knowledgeable and willing to sit down with everyone and show the best practices and methods for your industry. ”
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Getting around
- Copying & pasting
- Making selections
- The Healing Brush tool
- The Clone Stamp tool
- The Red Eye tool
- The Magic Wand tool
- Image compositing
Annual Report Cover
- More selection practice
- Feathering selections
- Working with layers
- Using type
Selecting with Quick Masks
- Quick masks
- More Magic Wand tool practice
Color Correction Using Color Balance
- Creating adjustment layers for color correction
- Adjusting color balance
- Adjusting brightness/contrast
Color Correction Using Levels
- Color correction with a Levels adjustment layer
- Setting white, black, & gray points
Preparing Digital Photos for Print
- Viewing/setting image size
- Resampling pros & cons
- Saving as PSD
- Saving as TIFF
Saving Photos for the Web as JPEG
- Resizing images for the web
- Reducing image size with resampling
- Setting JPEG quality
Saving Photos for the Web as GIF/PNG
- Comparing GIF & PNG
- Transparency on the web
Creating Shadows & Layers
- Adding effects to layers
- Drop shadows
3D Type Shadow
- More drop shadow practice
- More practice adding effects to layers
- Using Transform to create a 3D effect
Ghosting Part of an Image
- Setting a layer’s opacity
- Feathering layers
Fill Opacity & Effects
- More practice with layer effects
- Layer opacity vs. fill
Using the Adobe Bridge
- Renaming files
- Deleting files
- Rotating images
Creating Tiling Patterns
- Working with patterns
- The Offset filter
- Deleting & resetting patterns
Cropping, Resizing, & Blending
- The Gradient tool
- More pattern practice
- Blending modes
Color Correction Using Curves
- Color correction with a Curves adjustment layer
- More practice setting white, black, & gray points
- Working with midpoints
Adjustment Layers & Masks
- More Curves practice
- Masking out unwanted adjustments
- Organizing layers into groups
- Creating a Smart Object
- The Shadows/Highlights adjustment
- More masking out unwanted adjustments
- The Smart Sharpen filter
- Sharpening hi-res photos for print
Special Effects with Type & Clipping Masks
- Masking a photo with type
- Clipping masks
Creating Paths with the Pen Tool
- The Pen tool
- Creating paths of Bézier curves
Using Clipping Paths for Silhouettes
- Clipping paths
- More Pen tool practice
- Importing a silhouette into InDesign
Using Layer Masks for Silhouettes
- The Magnetic Lasso tool
- More practice with layer masks
- The Refine Edge dialog
- Color Fill layers
Using Filters for Special Effects
- The Motion & Spin Blur effects
- Copying layers
- Loading selections
Brochure Part I
- Working with guides
- More practice with adjustment layers
- Layer styles
- More practice with blending modes
Brochure Part II
- More practice with Smart Objects
- More practice with Free Transform
- More layer groups
- More practice adjusting curves
- The Bevel & Emboss effect
Brochure Part III
- Importing text into Photoshop
- More gradient practice
- More fill opacity
- More practice with custom shapes
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.