In this introductory class, you’ll learn Python, an increasingly popular and powerful programming language. Python is a great beginner language that is quick to learn and extremely versatile. It can be used to build software, analyze data, and build powerful websites.
In this one-day hands-on course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Python with an emphasis on programming logic. You will be introduced to data types, conditional statements, loops, functions, and object-oriented programming.
This is a beginner course and is perfect for someone with little to no programming experience. Continue learning in our immersive Python Bootcamps: Python for Data Science and Python for Web Development.
Register for a Class
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop, in SoHo. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
What You'll Learn
- Understand how to think like a programmer and become comfortable with Python’s syntax.
- Learn how to operate using a text editor and the Terminal.
- Learn how to write your own Python code that will be able to iterate over data sets.
- Create code to solve everyday problems.
- Learn different Python frameworks and environments.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Fundamentals of Python
- Python Overview + History
- Anaconda Distribution
- Jupyter Notebook + Markdown
- Data Types + Variables
- Assignment Operators
- Numbers vs. strings
- Built in Functions
- Control Flow Statements
- Indexing + Slicing
- Intro to looping
- For Loop
- While Loop
Complex Data Types
- Intro to Object Oriented Programming
- Different Environments
- Data Science with Jupyter
- Web Development with Flask