In this introductory class, you’ll learn Python, an increasingly popular and powerful programming language. Python is a great beginner language that is quick to learn and extremely versatile. It can be used to build software, analyze data, and build great-looking websites.
In this one day hands-on course, you’ll begin by learning the fundamentals of Python to get you feeling confident and comfortable with programming logic. You will be introduced to data types, conditional statements, loops, functions, introduction to OOP, and work on projects in using Python for Web & Data Science.
This is a beginner course and is perfect for someone with little to no programming experience. Continue learning in our immersive Python Bootcamps: Python for Data Science and Python for Web Development.
Register for a Class
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop, in SoHo. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
What You'll Learn
- Learn how to operate using a text editor and terminal.
- Learn how to write your own Python code that will be able to iterate over data sets.
- Understand how to think like a programmer and become comfortable with Python’s syntax.
- Create code to solve every-day real-life problems.
- Learn different Python frameworks and environments
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Fundamentals of Python
- Python Overview + History
- Anaconda Distribution
- Jupyter Notebook + Markdown
- Data Types + Variables
- Assignment Operators
- Numbers vs. strings
- Built in Functions
- Control Flow Statements
- Indexing + Slicing
- Intro to looping
- For Loop
- While Loop
Complex Data Types
- Intro to Object Oriented Programming
- Different Environments
- Data Science with Jupyter
- Web Development with Flask