This one-day class is for the QuickBooks Desktop software. When you are finished with this class you will feel comfortable with the fundamentals of QuickBooks, and be able to set up a company, write checks, and enter invoices and payments. You will also be familiar with general accounting terms and procedures.
This class is perfect for accountants who use QuickBooks or have clients who use it, small business owners -- sole proprietorships and S-Corps, and administrative or executive assistants.
Corporate training available
Video Training Included
Students get lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Modern computer classroom with a PC for each student to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- How to create a company
- Working with vendors and customers
- Banking with QuickBooks
- Reconciling Bank Accounts
“I took QuickBooks Level 1 for PC class with Paul. He is a wonderful instructor, very knowledgeable, patient and kind. He was very detailed and also gave great tips in bookkeeping. I enjoyed his class very much and will definitely take level 2.”
— Denise L.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Discovering what's new in QuickBooks
- Presenting QuickBooks Pro
- Understanding Basic Accounting
- Managing Basic QuickBooks Files
- Working with the QuickBooks Window
- Backing up and Updating Your Company File
Creating a Company
- Planning and Creating a Company
- Editing Your QuickBooks Preferences
- Working with Opening Balances and Historical Transactions
- Finding Help in QuickBooks
- Setting up Users
Customizing a Company File
- Entering Customers and Vendors
- Inventory Items, Sales Tax Items and Service Items
- Viewing the reminders list and the classifications list
- Creating QuickReports from Vendors, Customers and Charts of Accounts
Working with Vendors
- Exploring the Vendor Center
- Working with Customer and Vendor Profile Lists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Entering Bills
- Paying Bills
- Writing and Printing Checks
Working with Customers
- Working with the Customer Center
- Understanding and Creating Items
- Creating Invoices
- Receiving Payments
- Entering Sales Receipts
- Integrating with Microsoft Word
Banking with QuickBooks
- Creating Bank Accounts
- Making Deposits
- Transferring Funds
- Understanding Banking Online
Understanding the Process of Reconciliation
- Reconciling Bank Accounts
- Backing up and restoring data
- Entering Opening Balances
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. This course is available on Windows PC only.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.