This 3-day SPSS training concentrates on the most common topics that researchers use.
Learn to create a data file and enter data, conduct preliminary analyses, use graphs to describe and explore the data, manipulate the data, check the reliability of a scale, apply correlations, conduct significance tests, and perform regression analysis.
This class is perfect for those conducting quantitative research, analyzing big data and to those who want to use SPSS more effectively. We are proud to have one of the best SPSS instructors in the country.
Corporate training available
Video Training and Workbook Included
Students get a workbook and lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Modern computer classroom with a PC for each student to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Creating data files and entering data
- Preliminary analyses
- Manipulating the data
- Significance tests
“Paul did a great job. He was very helpful and answered all of our questions and took time to show steps if you were having trouble. He is very personable and patient and uses a lot of examples to help reinforce the teachings.”
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Getting to know SPSS
- Starting SPSS
Working with data files
- SPSS windows
- Dialogue boxes
- Closing SPSS
- Getting help
Creating a data file and entering data
- Defining the variables
- Entering data
- Modifying the data file
- Data entry using Excel
- Descriptive Statistics
- Frequencies (categorical variables)
- Central tendency, standard deviations, and range (continuous variables)
Using graphs to describe and explore the data
- Bar graphs
- Line graphs
- Editing a chart/graph
- Graphs using Excel
Manipulating the data
- Calculating total scale scores
- Transforming variables
- Collapsing a continuous variable into groups
Checking the reliability of a scale
- Procedure for checking reliability
- Interpreting the output from reliability
- Pearson product-moment correlation
- Interpretation of output from correlation
- Independent t-tests
- Interpreting the output from independent t-test
- Paired t-tests
- Interpreting the output from paired t-test
- Chi-square test of independence
- Interpreting the output from chi-square test
Continuing with significance tests
- Analysis of Variance
- One-Way between-groups ANOVA
- Post-hoc comparisons
- Interpreting the output from one-way ANOVA
- Two-Way between-groups ANOVA
- Interpreting the output from two-way ANOVA
- One-Way Repeated measures ANOVA
- Interpreting the output from repeated measures ANOVA
- Multiple linear regression
- Interpreting the output from multiple linear regression
- Logistic regression
- Interpreting the output from logistic regression
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. This course is available on Windows PC only.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.