In order to improve interaction with colleagues and clients, it is necessary to compose clear messages, hone listening skills and be mindful of potential barriers. This full day training program addresses all of these areas to help participants improve interpersonal communication.
Corporate & private training available
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Learn From The Best
We’ve been training professionals since 1998, with hundreds of 5-star reviews.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the communication process
- Develop an awareness of communication barriers and how to overcome them
- Realize the impact of body language and tone in message delivery
- Improve message comprehension through active listening, questioning and clarification
- Recognize the different communication styles in the workplace and adapt as needed
- Be aware of potential generational differences in communication
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
I. The communication process
- From message composition to delivery, gain awareness of what can impact the meaning of the intended message.
II. Communication barriers
- With expanded knowledge participants can prepare for and overcome the blocks they may face in interactions.
III. Body language and tone have a tremendous impact on message delivery
- Participants focus on how to control body language, be congruent with the intended message, and interpret the signals of others.
IV. Active listening, questioning and clarification
- Participants gain techniques and practice hearing and summarizing what others say to improve accuracy, retention and relationships.
V. Communication styles in the workplace are explained
- (David Merrill – amiable, expressive, analytical and driver). Participants complete a brief assessment to determine their personal style and discover how to be versatile and adapt their style to enhance communication with others.
VI. Generational differences in communication could potentially exist
- Possible communication preferences of the different generations are discussed so participants can communicate in the mode others show is their preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Most of our courses can be taken again for free. However, this course is not available to retake for free.