Google Analytics is a free and widely-used web analytics tool. In this one-day class, we'll help you demystify Google Analytics to make data-driven business decisions.
An industry expert will guide you through creating an account, deciding which data you should be capturing, and interpreting the reports. You'll leave with a solid understanding of Google Analytics, and be ready to implement what you've learned immediately.
If you’re interested in a more comprehensive course on Google Analytics, please see our 2-day Google Analytics Bootcamp. Please note this course is offered through our design and coding school, Noble Desktop, which offers a wide range of dynamic digital marketing courses geared towards advancing your knowledge and business right away.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Understand what Google Analytics is
- Determine important KPIs you need to track
- Take a deep look into Google Analytics Reports
- Get a deeper look into your website visitors’ behavior to find opportunities for growth
- How to track the success of your marketing campaigns with Google Analytics
- Learn how to answer specific marketing questions stakeholders ask
- Understand key terms in Google Analytics
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Introduction to Google Analytics
- What’s Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics Work
- The Role of Google Analytics
- Questions Google Analytics Answers
How to setup a Google Analytics Account
- How to install Google Analytics Tracking Code
- How to test to confirm codes are installed and tracking correctly
- How to Link other Google Accounts to Google Analytics
- How to set up Conversion tracking
- How to create goals in Google Analytics
- How to setup Ecommerce tracking
- How to setup events
- How to setup segments
- How to track social media interactions
An overview of the Google Analytics Dashboard
- How to add users
- A look at user access levels
- A look at web properties
- An overview of reports
- Understanding dimensions & metrics
Google Analytics Reports
- Audience Report, what it’s for and how to use it
- Acquisition Report, what’s it for and how to use it
- Behavior Report, what it’s for and how to use it
- Conversion Report, what it’s for and how to use it
- Ecommerce Report, what’s its for and how to use it
How to leverage Google Analytics data to improve performance
- How to share reports
- How to setup dashboards and shortcuts
- How to track your marketing campaigns in Google Analytics
UTM Code Tracking
- Why Tracking Visitors Matters
- Introduction to UTM Parameters
- Anatomy of a UTM Parameter
- A Look at UTM Parameters in Google Analytics
- How to Create a Link with the UTM Builder
Alpha Mattes & Animated Colors
- Using an alpha matte to hide/show the text based on the wedge’s movement
- Bringing back the colored wedge
- Animating instantaneous color changes
- Ensuring the Logo stays in the Title Safe grid
- Introduction to Retargeting
- Why Retargeting
- How to Create a Retargeting List
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.
Learn From a Digital Marketing Professional
Nicole McCullum is the founder of Captivate Designs, a website design and SEO company servicing clients globally. She specializes in helping small businesses and entrepreneurs generate more leads, attract more clients, and grow their business online through Captivating Website Design, Do it for You SEO services, and Do it Yourself SEO training. Nicole’s tips and strategies are featured on publications such as Forbes, Inc.com, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Smart Hustle Magazine, and Black Enterprise.
Start Fresh, or Pick Up Where You Left Off
A Google Analytics account is not mandatory. However, if you already have one, please make sure you have access to it during class. Otherwise, lesson one of day one will be creating your account and familiarizing yourself with its many features.