This two day program builds the skills of participants who have transitioned to Management.
Corporate & private training available
Students get a custom workbook with step-by-step instructions.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Learn the differences between a manager and a leader
- Understand emotional intelligence to better identify and manage human emotions
- Improve communication and listening skills
- Understand how to model personal effectiveness with good time management skills
- Prioritize tasks and focus efforts where urgent attention is required
- Delegate responsibilities and projects to capable employees
- Give feedback to employees in a constructive manner
- Coach employees to grow and develop new skills
- Lead the team through times of change
- Motivate and drive a team to optimal performance
- Build skills to better manage conflict
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Module 1 – Management Essentials
Purpose: Introduce and define the role of a Manager and how to lead by example.
- The differences between a manager and a leader.
- Understand how emotional intelligence impacts performance and learn how managing human emotions can improve the work environment.
Module 2 – Communication Skills
Purpose: Improve communication skills.
- Understand the communication process and barriers.
- Hone listening skills.
- Be able to recognize the 4 communication styles (D Merrill model) and how to tailor one’s individual style to enhance communication.
Module 3 – Personal Effectiveness
Purpose: Improve Personal Effectiveness and Time management skills to be a role model for team.
- Establish goals that are clear, measureable and attainable. Use effective planning methods for short and long-term needs.
- Implement the Priority Matrix into your daily work habits to assess what tasks are most urgent and what can wait or be delegated to employees.
- Strengthen trust in employees and increase their confidence through delegation of new responsibilities.
Module 4 – Employee Development
Purpose: To be able to give feedback to employees and coach them on an ongoing basis.
- Provide specific feedback to employees in a timely and constructive manner to clearly define what behavior needs to improve and how.
- Help employees evolve from where they currently are to where they want to be through coaching.
Module 5 – Communicate & Manage Change
Purpose: Understand how to communicate and manage change and how to motivate teams.
- Manage change effectively by increasing communication, managing emotions and guiding employees through the process. (Kubler Ross Model)
- Recognize team stages and reactions (Tuckman Model) to appropriately build and support a high functioning team
- Learn to motivate employees by inspiring and challenging them to grow, both professionally and personally, as they help the team exceed goals.
Module 6 - Conflict Management
Purpose: Explore the options available to manage conflict.
- Complete an assessment to determine the primary style used to manage conflict.
- Gain an understanding of the 5 approaches to managing conflict and the pros and cons of each.
Module 7 - Conducting Effective Meetings
Purpose: Be able to conduct effective meetings.
- Learn how to compose pointed agendas, facilitate meetings and stay on track.
- Handle interruptions and other issues that arise.
Module 8 - Managerial Styles
Purpose: Understand when and how to use managerial styles.
- Gain knowledge of styles of managing teams including; coercive, authoritative, affiliative, democratic, pacesetting and coaching and when to use each style.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.