Financial Modeling Classes New York City
Excel Financial Modeling Training: Learn Finance, Accounting, DCF Modeling & Excel Techniques
Learn essential finance & accounting concepts while building a comprehensive valuation model in Excel. This financial modeling class blends finance, accounting and Excel concepts into an intensive 2-day course. Build a valuation model on a real public company, while learning how to analyze its business, financial statements, and future growth prospects.
- Finance Concepts: Market Cap, Enterprise Value, Stocks & Bonds, NPV, IRR
- Financial Accounting: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement, Financial Ratios, Working Capital
- Excel Techniques: Financial Functions, Advanced Formulas & Functions, Data Tables, Goal Seek, Excel tricks used in finance
- Financial Models: In Day 1, you will create a simple DCF and LBO model to start building modeling skills
- Discount Cash Flow Modeling: In Day 2, you will analyze a public company, understand its business and profit drivers, and build a DCF model
- Corporate Valuation: Using the DCF model, you will value the equity and see how certain assumptions impact value
- Real Financials & Data: Look up and use real and live pricing and financial information for a public company
- Financial Analyst Best Practices: Learn tips and tricks that you need to succeed as a financial analyst
Why Learn Financial Modeling at NYIM?
Build Intuition & Analytical Skills: Throughout the course we will use real-world examples and financial data so you're prepared for a position as a financial analyst. We use these examples to help build intuition for how financial modeling, accounting, and valuation work together, instead of just providing unfounded formulas. You will also read company financials, presentations, and management commentary to determine the revenue projections and profitability ratios.
Excel Tricks: The class provide extensive Excel tips and tricks that you will need to cut down errors and hours of work daily.
100% Practical: We've cultivated a class that focuses 100% on the practical skills and knowledge required for analyst and associate positions at investment banking, hedge funds, private equity, and asset management.
See for yourself why NYIM is rated the best Financial Modeling Training in NYC by our customers:
100+ 5-star Yelp Reviews: Best Financial Modeling Classes NYC
"Great experience, I highly recommend for anyone looking to break into consulting/banking!"
"NYIM has provided a great training experience for my company. They are professional and have trainers that are extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend using them if you are looking to train your employees."
"Great class! The content was well organized and the instructor was excellent. He was engaging, knew the material very well and was able to adjust to the various levels of ability of the students! Would definitely recommend!"
"I had an amazing experience doing private training for Excel for Finance. I learned all the practical applications for the formulas I'm expected to know at my new job - I feel great and super confident at work with my new skills! Very patient and knowledgeable instructor too."
Financial Modeling Course NYC | Detailed Overview
Financial Modeling Course PDF Outline
- Finance Principles: Review essential finance concepts, such as Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), and how to calculate them in Excel.
- Market Capitalization: Learn how to calculate market cap for real companies, and which share count to use (basic versus diluted, and treasury stock method).
- Enterprise Value: What is enterprise value and why do we use it? What should and shouldn't be included and why?
- Financial Accounting: Learn accounting principles including accrual versus cash accounting. Analyze the core financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flow. Review financial ratios and working capital and discuss how these items impact modeling and valuation.
- Discount Cash Flow Modeling: Learn the "skeleton" of DCF modeling, how to project cash flow and a terminal value, and derive a share price from the model.
- Excel Techniques: Learn various Excel techniques, including Data Validation, CHOOSE, Data Tables, Goal Seek and more.
- Leveraged Buyouts: Review LBOs essentials, the players, and typical transaction structures. Create a simple LBO model to illustrate how these deals work and how private equity firms analyzes them.
- Real Company Analysis: At home, review a presentation and financial statements for a public restaurant company. Understand the company's business model, growth drivers, profitability metrics, and other factors that impact valuation.
- Setup the Financial Model: Input historical financials, capital structure and other company information to start setting up your financial model.
- Model Projections: Analyze the company's revenue and expenses via financial statements and management commentary. Adjust for one-time items. Understand what is causing revenue increases/decreaes and margin expansion/contraction. What will happen going forward?
- Corporate Valuation: Calculate the WACC for the discount rate. Use the WACC and terminal growth rate to determine the Terminal Value (Gordon Growth Model).
- Derive a value per share: Using the projections and discounted cash flows, derive an equity value per share. Review the model for reasonableness and sensitize the main assumptions.
- Analyze the Model Output: Should we invest in the stock? What more information do we need? Where is our model deficient? Where do we will confident? How do these projections compare to management's and the analyst community?
Financial Analyst Training Program
NYIM offers a dedicated program for financial analysts, which includes three days of Excel training (Fundamentals, Intermediate, and Advanced), and our two-day intensive Financial Modeling Bootcamp. You'll go from beginner to advanced in Excel skillset; learn Finance, Accounting, and Corporate Valuation; and build a comprehensive Financial Model on a real company --- all for a fraction of the price of other training programs.
For private or corporate Financial Modeling training, call 212.658.1918
or email us. We can offer training at your location or ours, and could customize the Financial Modeling course content.
Client TestimonialsGreat experience, I highly recommend for anyone looking to break into consulting/banking!
06/08/2018- Thomas P. attended Financial Modeling Bootcamp