Learn SQL in Live Online Training
SQL is one of the most popular programming languages used by developers today, with countless technological uses and a secure future.
Whether you're a developer, seasoned business analyst, or aspiring data enthusiast, our SQL courses give you all the tools you need to extract data, make data-driven business decisions, and develop a career in data analytics.
For an introduction to SQL or to fill in skills gaps, take our beginner, intermediate or advanced workshops live online. Each course comes with a custom training manual, with step-by-step instructions to complete each skill learned in class.
Our three-day SQL Bootcamp helps you build data analytics skills from ground zero. Day one starts with developing a thorough understanding of data, different types of databases, and the fundamentals of the SQL language. By day three, you'll work with text data, save SQL code for repetitive tasks using stored features, and create temporary tables.
Data, Databases, and SQL
Extracting actionable insights from complex data sets is a valuable skill, and SQL is the key to unlocking this ability. Careers in database administration, software development, and market research analytics are growing at a faster than average rate. Whether you use large databases, work with Microsoft Applications, or manage data in an eCommerce store, with SQL, you’ll have the tools to make informed business decisions quickly.
Structured Query Language or SQL (pronounced S-Q-L or sequel) is a back-end programming language explicitly designed to work with database management systems (DBMSs). A database is a collection of organized data. Databases contain tables, which store data in structured groups. For example, a grocery store database would have separate data tables for produce, bakery items, and canned foods.
With SQL, you can:
- Group and summarize data
- Retrieve, sort, and filter data
- Create new fields by calculating two existing fields
- Retrieve data from multiple tables with inner and outer JOINs
- Generate stored procedures to save and reuse SQL code
- Use views to create tables based on other tables
What You'll Learn in our SQL Courses
Our SQL classes include simple, methodical, step-by-step tasks that will teach you everything you need to know. You’ll go from basic query and retrieval tasks to joining SQL tables for better insights and storing complex SQL code for later use. Topics covered in our SQL classes include:
- Fundamentals of Relational Databases
- Major clauses including SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING, ORDER BY
- Basic to advanced queries
- Inner and outer joins to pull data from multiple tables
- Aggregate functions: SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX, COUNT
- Tables, views, and indexes
- Decision-making code using advanced functions
SQL Training Benefits at NYIM
- Hands-on: Go beyond just lectures and put your new knowledge to work with our “learn by doing” approach. You’ll work on real SQL projects so you can walk away with the skills and confidence you need in SQL.
- Top Instructors: You’ll learn from top professionals and SQL experts
- SQL Workbook: You’ll receive a SQL workbook with training exercises so you brush up and review the materials from the class
- Interactive: We keep our classes small so you can get personalized attention from the instructors as you work through projects in SQL