Learn how to analyze financial statements and reports. Master financial accounting fundamentals such as accrual accounting, the three main financial statements, and the metrics and ratios analysts use. This course is taught using hands-on exercises from financial statements of well-known companies.
This course is available for private and corporate training.
Corporate & private training available
Video Training and Workbook Included
Students get a workbook and lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Modern computer classroom with a PC for each student to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Financial accounting fundamentals, including cash versus accrual accounting and GAAP
- Income statement line items and financial metrics
- Balance sheet: Assets = Liabilities + Shareholder's Equity
- Cash Flow Statement: Cash flows from operations, investing, and financing
- How the financial statements tie together
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Who uses financial reports?
- Where to find financial reports
- Types of financial reports
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Cash vs. accrual accounting
- Essential line items
- Profit ratios and margins
- Accrual accounting in the income statement
- Depreciation and amortization
- Trailing Twelve Months (TTM)
- Year-over-year (Y/Y) Comparisons
- Assets = Liabilities + Shareholder's Equity
- Essential components of each section
- Changes in PP&E
- Working capital
Cash Flow Statements
- Why we need the cash flow statement
- Cash flows from operations
- Cash flows from investing
- Cash flows from financing
- Deferred taxes
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. This course is available on Windows PC only.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.