Google Analytics is the most popular analytics program on the internet. It offers invaluable data on consumer behaviors and helps companies make important decisions regarding the direction of their website and marketing.
In this two-day intensive, you’ll learn how to use Google Analytics, interpret its data, and make better business decisions.
Please note this bootcamp is available through our design and coding school, Noble Desktop. Start your research today, and don't miss out on an opportunity to learn more about digital marketing through our suite of courses.
This course is offered at our design school, Noble Desktop. View upcoming dates and register for this course directly on Noble Desktop’s website.Register at nobledesktop.com
Take this class as part of a certificate program and save:
- Digital Marketing Certificate Sign up
Strengthen skills by working on real-world exercises and projects.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Understand what Google Analytics is
- Determine important KPIs you need to track
- Take a deep look into Google Analytics Reports
- Get a deeper look into your website visitors’ behavior to find opportunities for growth
- How to track the success of your marketing campaigns with Google Analytics
- Learn how to answer specific marketing questions stakeholders ask
- Understand key terms in Google Analytics
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
Google Analytics Curriculum Day 1
Introduction to Google Analytics
- What is Web Analytics
- Intro to Google Analytics
- How Google Analytics Works
- Why Web Analytics Matter
- Questions Google Analytics Answers
- The Role of Analytics in Your Buyers Journey
Developing a Google Analytics Strategy
- Intro to Measurement Plans
- The Importance of Measurement Plans
- Who Should be Involved in Creating a Measurement Plan?
- Framework for Developing a Measurement Plan
Best Practices for Setting Up a Google Analytics Account
- How to install Google Analytics Tracking Code
- How to test to confirm codes are installed and tracking correctly
- Understanding the structure of your Google Analytics Account
- Introduction to Views in Google Analytics
- Google Analytics account limits
- Understanding account users and permissions
- Important Google Analytics configurations
Introduction to Filters
- Understanding Google Analytics filters
- Google Analytics filter types
- How to setup Google Analytics filters?
- What is conversion tracking?
- What are goals?
- How to setup goals
- Important configurations for tracking ecommerce transactions
An overview of the Google Analytics Dashboard
- An overview of reports
- Understanding dimensions & metrics
Google Analytics Curriculum Day 2
Google Analytics Reports
- Audience Report, what it’s for and how to use it
- Acquisition Report, what’s it for and how to use it
- Behavior Report, what it’s for and how to use it
- Conversion Report, what it’s for and how to use it
- Ecommerce Report, what’s its for and how to use it
How to leverage Google Analytics data to improve performance
- How to share reports
- How to setup dashboards and shortcuts
- How to track your marketing campaigns in Google Analytics
UTM Code Tracking
- Why Tracking Visitors Matters
- Introduction to UTM Parameters
- Anatomy of a UTM Parameter
- A Look at UTM Parameters in Google Analytics
- How to Create a Link with the UTM Builder
- Introduction to Retargeting
- Why Retargeting
- How to Create a Retargeting List
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
You may be interested in these similar discounted packages:
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.
Expert Direction and No-Holds-Barred
A digital marketing expert will guide you from the ground up. You will leave with a solid understanding of Google Analytics and how to optimize its wealth of data for your advantage. We pride ourselves on holding nothing back, so ask questions and get answers right away.
A Google Analytics Account Is Not Mandatory
However, if you already have one, please make sure you have access to it during class. Otherwise, lesson one is setting up an account and understanding what you should be tracking. For more information about the topics covered in the course, please refer to our syllabus.
Learn From A Flexible and Skilled Instructor
Nicole McCullum is a digital marketing professional with over 14 years of industry experience. As the founder of a website design and SEO company servicing clients globally, Nicole is well-equipped to teach digital marketing. She specializes in helping small businesses and entrepreneurs generate more leads, attract more clients, and grow their business online.