In this Photoshop Essentials training course, you'll learn firsthand how to create graphics for websites, retouch damaged photography, and use Text, Layers, and Drawing Tools to create images. See further topics covered in the syllabus below.
This course is only available as one-on-one training. For those interested in Adobe group classes, please check our design school courses.
Corporate & private training available
Video Training and Workbook Included
Students get a workbook and lifetime access to self-paced training videos, a $95 value.
Modern computer classroom with your choice of Mac or PC to work on.
Small In-Person Classes
Get personalized attention in small groups with an expert instructor in the classroom.
Refresh the course materials within six months for free as long as there's space in the class.
What You'll Learn
- Getting to Know the Work Area
- Basic Photo Corrections
- Working with Selections
- Layer Basics
- Masks and Channels
- Typographic Design
- Final Project
“Eugenio was an experienced hands on instructor. He taught us all the fundamentals of Photoshop in precise and organized lessons. The class was small and personal and it was a nice professional environment. Eugenio even gave us his contact information for any questions we may have in the future along with his YouTube channel where he uploads clear step-by-step videos. A very worthwhile opportunity.”
— Teri F.
Full Course SyllabusDownload PDF Outline
- Raster vs. Vector
- Creating new images
- Saving files for print
- Saving files for web/screen
- Working with Adobe Bridge
Lesson 1. Getting to Know the Work Area
- Using the tools
- Using the options bar and other panels
- Undoing actions in Photoshop
- Customizing the workspace
- Tools panel overview
Lesson 2. Basic Photo Corrections
- Strategy for retouching
- Resolution and image size
- Adjusting the color in Camera Raw
- Straightening and cropping the image in Photoshop
- Replacing colors in an image
- Adjusting saturation with the Sponge tool
- Repairing areas with the Clone Stamp tool
- Using the Spot Healing Brush tool
- Using content-aware fill
- Applying the Unsharp Mask filter
Lesson 3. Working with Selections
- About selecting and selection tools
- Using the Quick Selection tool
- Moving a selected area
- Manipulating selections
- Using the Magic Wand tool
- Selecting with the lasso tools
- Rotating a selection
- Selecting with the Magnetic Lasso tool
- Cropping an image and erasing within a selection
- Refining the edge of a selection
Lesson 4. Layer Basics
- About layers
- Using the Layers panel
- Rearranging layers
- Applying a gradient to a layer
- Applying a layer style
- Flattening and saving files
Lesson 5. Masks and Channels
- Working with masks and channels
- Creating a mask
- Refining a mask
- Creating a quick mask
- Manipulating an image with Puppet Warp
- Working with channels
Lesson 6. Typographic Design
- About type
- Creating a clipping mask from type
- Creating type on a path
- Warping point type
- Designing paragraphs of type
Lesson 7. Final Project
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring a computer?
No. We provide a computer with the necessary software for each attendee. Choose a Mac or a PC during the checkout process.
Are discounts available for this course?
No. This course is not eligible for any discounts.
We offer discounts for packages of classes, including our Excel Bootcamp, SQL Bootcamp, Data Analytics, and PowerPoint Bootcamp.
We also provide discounts for ten or more classes purchased together. Please reach out for more information on our voucher programs.
Does this course come with a book?
Yes. This course includes a complimentary book or manual at no additional cost.
What if I need to retake this course? May I retake it for free?
Yes. You may retake this course for free once within six months, provided that the class is running with an available seat. For more information, visit our policies page.
Photoshop Essentials Class New York City
The Photoshop Essentials class concentrates on the most crucial aspects of Photoshop, according to NYC professionals. By the end of this training course, you will feel confident in creating graphics for the web, retouching damaged photography, and using Text, Layers, and Drawing Tools to create images. This class is perfect for those looking to build websites, and for photographers both amateur and professional.
Rated the Best Photoshop Courses in New York City
- Practical and hands-on training focused on real-world applications of Photoshop
- Engaging and interactive instructors
- Proprietary course manual and shortcut sheets
- One-on-one personalized attention